Installing Radiant Underfloor Heat Under Wood Floors
There are a couple product options available when installing radiant underfloor heating under wood floors:
- Low voltage electric products work under hardwoods, laminate and bamboo flooring.
- Hydronic radiant heat will work under laminate, wood and bamboo flooring as an additional option in new construction.
HeatMyFloors.com recommends using a contractor to install hydronic radiant heating systems.
When installing radiant heating under wood flooring, place the heating element directly below the finished flooring, as shown in the diagram.
A few considerations with wood flooring:
- With laminate flooring, a non-insulated cushion should be placed over the top of the heating element.
- The National Wood Flooring Association requires wood floor surface temperatures be kept at 80° F or lower.
- If possible, insulate under the floor to improve comfort and efficiency.
Contact us today for more information.